Dermatology Clinical Research Center of San Antonio was founded by Dr. Steven A. Davis in 1987.
Dr. Davis has been providing quality dermatological care in the San Antonio area for over 25 years. Dr. Davis, his associates, and staff are committed to providing exceptional medical, surgical, and cosmetic skin care for all patients in a professional, courteous, and caring manner.
Our site has extensive experience conducting Phase II-IV trials and have also conducted several Phase I studies.
We have participated in product/device trials in the following therapeutic areas:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Bacterial Infections (Adult)
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Hair Removal
- Personal care product (Infants)
- Seborrheic Dermatitits
- Tinea Curis
- Tinea Pedis (Prevention)
- Topical Anesthesia
- Actinic Keratosis
- Atopic Dermatitis (Pediatric)
- Bacterial Infections (Pediatrics)
- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
- Drug Delivery
- Herpes Labialis
- Malignant Melanoma
- Personal care products (Hands)
- Plaque Psoriasis
- Superficial Mycoses
- Severe Hand Dermatitis
- Tinea Pedis
- Tinea Versicolor
Our center has worked with the following sponsor companies:
- 3M Pharmaceuticals
- Alpharma USPD, Inc.
- Altana, Inc.
- Atrix Laboratories, Inc.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica
- Becton Dickinson Transdermal Systems
- Berlex Laboratories, Inc.
- Biomedical Development Corporation
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals
- Clay-Park Labs, Inc.
- Connetics Corporation
- DUSA Pharmaceuticals
- Dermik Laboratories
- ESC Medical Systems
- Fujisawa Healthcare, Inc.
- Galderma Graceway
- Hill Dermaceuticals, Inc.
- Leo Pharma
- Matrix Pharmaceuticals
- Norvartis Consumers Health
- Penederm, Inc.
- Perrigo Pharmaceuticals
- QLT USA, Inc.
- Sani-Fresh International
- Sanofi Aventis
- Scott Paper Company
- Serono Laboratories
- Shionogi USA, Inc.
- Stiefel Pharmaceuticals
- TAP Holdings, Inc.
- TEVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Steven A. Davis, M.D.., the principal investigator, is a graduate of Yale University and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas. Dr. Davis completed his dermatology residency at the University of California San Francisco Medical School and was on the academic faculty there for six years. He was certified by the American Board of Dermatology in 1977. He has over 20 years of experience doing clinical research studies. He has published widely in the lay and scientific press and is currently Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) and Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. In additional to his general dermatology practice, Dr. Davis is the director of the Dermatology & Laser Center of San Antonio and the Dermatology Clinical Research Center of San Antonio.
Arthur W. Richardson, M.D. is a graduate of Colorado State University and the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver. He served in the US Army for eight years and did his dermatology residency at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. He was certified by the American Board of Dermatology in 1961. He has been in private practice in San Antonio since 1962. He joined the Dermatology Clinical Research Center in June 2000.
Gloria J. Johnson, MPAS, PA-C , served in the US Air Force for 20 years and received a Bachelor of Science, Physician Associate, from the University of Oklahoma in 1985. She is nationally board certified as a Physician Assistant. She did an Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery PA Residency in 1993. She received a Master's in Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Nebraska in 2000. She has a very diverse clinical background which includes experience in family practice, primary care/urgent care, otolaryngology, neurology, and dermatology.
Joey Dixon-Julian, MPAS, PA-C received a Bachelor of Science with a major in biology/pre-medicine and a minor in chemistry from Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas in 1997. She the earned a Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant studies from Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas in 1999. In 2004, she earned a Master's in Physician Assistant Studies with an emphasis in Dermatology from the University of Nebraska. Prior to joining the dermatology practice in 2003, she worked for 3 years in a very active obstetrics/gynecology practice. She is nationally board certified as a Physician Assistant. She is very active in the community with various charitable organizations and with several professional groups.
San Antonio's positive view towards clinical research allows us to recruit study subjects by direct referrals from Dermatology and Laser Clinic of San Antonio, physician referrals, and aggressive media advertisement, as well as successful word-of-mouth patient recruitment strategies. Ethnic diversity, presence of a large retirement population, and a rapid rate of family growth make San Antonio an excellent place in which to do clinical research studies. In addition to common dermatological disorders, such as acne and psoriasis, San Antonio has a large population affected by heat and sunlight related disorders, including skin cancers and pre-cancerous growths, fungal infections and seasonal dermatitis. We have a catchment area of more than 1.2 million people. We also maintain several databases for those subject interested in future studies.
Each year Dermatology and Laser Center of San Antonioâ„¢ physicians and staff see approximately 20,000 patients per year. Our location allows access to South Texas' broad scope of subjects, encompassing a multitude of ethnicities, races, and disease states.
Our facility is located in the South Texas Medical Center which is home to twelve hospitals, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and numerous specialty physicians and diagnostic centers. It is conveniently accessed via all major expressways and public transportation. Lodging and the international airport are only minutes from the site. With over 6,000 square feet of office space, we offer the following:
- Secured ambient and refrigerated study drug storage
- Secure medical records storage
- Secured CRF archive storage
- Private monitor room with secure telephone lines & computer ports w/ high speed internet
- Ample, free parking
- -20 degree freezer
- Ample storage for lab kits and shipping materials
- Crash Cart
- Emergency Medications
- Skilled dermatological photographer
- UVB Therapy Unit
- BLU-U System
- Palomar IPL
- Palomar Q Switch Ruby Laser
- ESC Photoderm (IPL)
- Vasculight 1064 Laser
- CO2 Laser
- Erbium Laser
Dermatology Clinical Research Center of San Antonio
7810 Louis Pasteur, Suite 200
San Antonio, TX 78229
- Study to determine the therapeutic equivalence of a generic cream in subjects with actinic keratoses
- Study to evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of adding TOPICAL THERAPY to ETANERCEPT in Subjects with MODERATE to SEVERE Plaque Psoriasis.
- Study to evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of an INVESTIGATIONAL TOPICAL OINTMENT in Subjects with ATOPIC DERMATITIS (AD).
- Study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an INVESTIGATION ORAL MEDICATION in subjects with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis.
- Study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an INVESTIGATION TOPICAL OINTMENT in subjects with Plaque Psoriasis.
- Study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an TOPICAL SOLUATION in the treatment of Onychomycosis of the Toenail in Adults
- Study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of BOTOX in subjects with Crow's Feet Lines and Glabellar Lines.