Prism Research provides efficient, high quality Phase I-IV clinical trial capabilities and services for special population and complex Phase I trials, assisting pharmaceutical and medical device companies in obtaining regulatory approval for their products. Prism performs all clinical trials under strict compliance of international and domestic standards relating to testing of investigational drugs in humans.
Our Mission: To be our client's first choice for clinical research trial services. We accomplish this by considering our client a partner in their trial objectives. Prism is committed to providing timely, accurate trials. It is our staff's passion for making a difference that allows us to meet and exceed our client's expectations a natural outcome of everything we do.
Services provided include:
- Phase I-IV research facility
- Protocol design and development
- Subject recruitment
- Trial conduction
- Regulatory oversight
- Study report preparation
- Statistical analysis
- Pharmacokinetics analysis, data analysis and final report preparation
Trial design capabilities include:
- FIM SAD/MAD
- Food Intake
- Semen Analysis
Since 2005, Prism Research has conducted trials for the following Sponsors:
Charles E. Halstenson Pharm.D., CEO
Chuck Halstenson is a research executive with over twenty years of clinical research experience. Chuck is a Clinical Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice at the College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota. Chuck has presented 109 scientific abstracts at pharmacy related scientific meetings, wrote 7 book chapters and published 85 articles in peer-reviewed scientific literature.
Mark A. Matson M.D., Investigator
B.A. in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Northwestern University
Attended University of Minnesota Medical School
Internal Medicine Residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin
Nephrology Fellowship at Hennepin County Medical Center/ University of Minnesota
Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology
Specialist in Clinical Hypertension
Clinical research experience as an investigator & sub-investigator since 1990.
Shannon M. Canas, M.D., Investigator
B.A. in Biology, Carleton College
Attended Medical School at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency, University of Minnesota
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
5 years of primary care, Internal Medicine experience managing complex adult and geriatric patients. Clinical research experience as an investigator and sub-investigator since 2007.
Glenda J. Morris, NP, Investigator
B.A. in Nursing, College of St. Scholastica
Master of Arts Degree - Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner, College of St. Catherine, Sr. Paul, MN
20 years of experience as Adult Nurse Practitioner in cardiology practice.
The staff of Prism Research, with over 100 combined years of research experience, work as a team to achieve your trial goals. In addition to the Investigator team above, our team includes 4 Study Coordinators, 3 Subject Recruiters, a full-time Quality Assurance Manager, Laboratory Manager, and Clinical Manager. Our team members include:
- Jeffrey Cosgrove, President
- Cindy Flaten, CCRC, Study Coordinator
- Courtney Odella, Study Coordinator
- Matt Lindemann, Study Coordinator
- Lynn Gill, Study Coordinator
- Kevin Fitzgerald, Subject Recruiter
- Molly Hair, Subject Recruiter
- William Haessly, Subject Recruiter
- Denise Cosgrove, MLT, AD, CNA, CCRC, Quality Assurance Manager
- Kharen Serra, IATA Certified, Laboratory Manager
- Justin Rauen, Clinical Manager
Prism Research recognizes the need to continually augment volunteer database populations. Through a multi-faceted enrollment process that includes a dedicated recruitment department, collaborative physician partnerships, advertising and subject referral programs, Prism Research delivers Phase I results in the following populations, among others:
By closely examining the clinical trial process, Prism Research's facility was designed to ensure subject compliance and comfort, sample integrity and monitoring convenience for Phase I trials. Our 15,000 square foot facility includes:
- 52 beds in semi-private rooms
- Satellite TV/DVD in all subject rooms
- Recreation area with pool table, video games, large screen television and internet access
- Large treatment and observation room with attached nursing station
- 24 hour medical monitoring
- 4 examination rooms
- Secure processing laboratory and inpatient area
- -70 and -20 freezers
- Refrigerated centrifuges
- Six private eating rooms for food-intake studies
- Private monitoring offices with phone and internet access
- Secure kitchen allowing large food preparation with commercial grade appliances to accommodate special dietary requirements and preparation.
Prism Research is strategically located in a community of over 3 million residents, with a rich tradition of medical care advancements. Located between Minneapolis and St. Paul, we are a 15 minute drive from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, and 5 minutes from the University of Minnesota with a student population of over 45,000.
1000 Westgate Drive, Suite 149
St. Paul, MN 55114